Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Baby On The Way

Not for us.  Let's just clear that up right away.

Our good friends Steve & Rachel are expecting their first baby any day/moment now and I had the absolute pleasure of throwing the baby shower a few weeks back.  They don't know what they are having, so I chose a black/white/yellow theme for the party and picked up these adorable Wee Gallery Art Cards as my inspiration for decor:
 Here is a look at how everything turned out:


























A couple of shout-outs on a few things I chose that I was very pleased with. The Baby Cakes cupcakes in pumpkin and lemon were super tasty and were gobbled up in no time.  Baby Cakes is a local cupcake shop in the KC River market.  

The zebra cookies are from my favorite cookie spot, Boulevard Bakery & Pastries, which I reserve only for the most special occasions.  They are insanely rich and super healthy I am sure. 


Finally, the wooden animal teethers I read about in Dwell magazine, then later found online at Etsy.  These were so cute and a gift I think I'll refer back to the next time I need an idea for a baby present.  Check out the other amazing items they have to offer.



The shower was great and and I was pretty happy about how all my DIY projects turned out.  I have had a couple of requests to re-create some of the small posters in different colors, so thinking maybe I'll update that Etsy shop we started up then never offered anything to sell in.  Whoops.  



I think my favorite project was the banner flags.  They were easy to make and super cheap, leftover bakers twine from the wedding and some cardstock I had on hand.  The best part was following the shower, they were easily converted into Halloween decor:




You know we love a good re-purpose!  And I'm thinking if I take the bats down, the banners can stick around through Thanksgiving.

It's basically a party that lasts all fall.  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

we love hearing from you. please leave a comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...